In the early hours of November 13, 2022, four University of Idaho students were fatally stabbed in their off-campus residence in Moscow, Idaho. On December 30 police arrested 28-year-old Bryan Christopher Kohberger in Monroe County, Pennsylvania. On four counts of murder in the first degree and felony burglary.

Each victim suffered several stab wounds, and some showed signs of trying to defend themselves. The attacker carried out on the second and third floors. Two other roommates were on the bottom floor of the home and were unharmed, according to the police.

University of Idaho student Dylan Mortensen, 21, shared a room with four other victims. They faced the fatal stabbings in a Moscow, Idaho, residence. Mortensen and another student escaped the attacks. According to a lawyer for the Goncalves family, whose daughter perished as a result. She was too afraid to report the incident to the authorities properly.

Who is Dylan Mortensen?

Mortensen was born in 2001 and will be 22 years old in 2023. She was born and raised in the United States of America, in the city of Boise, Idaho. Her roommates and she live separately, while her parents live in the same city. Dylan completed her schooling at Boise Senior High School.

At present, she is pursuing her graduation from the University of Idaho. She is a bright student and is just focusing on her studies at the moment. Besides being a student she is also a Tik Tok star with a fan following of many thousand people. She likes uploading her videos and a few of them also includes her roommates and friends.

Dylan Mortensen Biography

Dylan Mortensen is a transgender student at Idaho University. According to the reports, her friends were quiet when she heard Bryan Kohberger was killed. Unfortunately. There is nothing else we know about her aside from being the survivor of the university murder case. According to reports, after bumping into suspected killer Bryan Kohberger. Dylan Mortensen allegedly told her friends to quiet down. As she misunderstood the noises of her four roommates being brutally murdered for loud partying.

Someone said Dylan Mortensen had opened her bedroom door. She explained how she was unable to sleep because of the noise. That evening, she reportedly opened her door once more after hearing additional loud noises.

Also, she spotted the alleged murderer, whom she mistakenly believed to be a partygoer. The person she mistook as the partygoer had worn black clothes and a mask.liked past her towards the house’s exit after 4 AM.

Dylan Mortensen and Bethany Funke made it through the massacre of November 13 while losing three of their housemates.  Kaylee Goncalves and Madison Mogen, both 21 years old and Xana Kernodle, 20. Ethan Chapin, 21, who was Xana’s boyfriend, was also dead. Authorities now believe that Bryan Kohberger most likely acted alone.

Despite their initial concerns about how long it took the survivors to report the killings. The murders reportedly went unreported for eight hours. Mortensen and surviving housemate Bethany Funke got identical tattoos as a memorial to the dead soon after the killings.

The four people who were dead were Ethan Chapin, 20, Xana Kernodle, 20, and Madison Mogen, 21. Also, 21 years old, and was friends with them in the Moscow home at 1122 King Road. And they were both present when the murders took place.

Dylan Mortensen Allegedly Saw the Suspected Idaho killer but Failed to Call the Police

Following the release of the arrest affidavit, 21-year-old Dylan Mortensen. He survived the Idaho quadruple murders and became the subject of multiple discussions and debates about her actions, or the apparent lack of them.

She reportedly told investigators that she had opened her bedroom door and come face-to-face with the suspected killer, Bryan Kohberger. On the night Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin were brutally murdered in the same house.

On November 13, just after 4 a.m., she saw a “figure clad in black clothing and a mask” walking past her towards the back exit, but instead of calling the police, she allegedly locked her bedroom door and went back to sleep.

According to the police affidavit, Mortensen reportedly thought she heard Kaylee Goncalves say, “There’s someone here,” which he followed to the sound of crying from Xana Kernodle’s room and an unknown male voice assuringly say, “It’s ok, I’m going to help you.” Police, however, are confident of Dylan Mortensen and Bethany Funke’s innocence in the case.

In a Letter Read by a Pastor, Mortensen Praised the Victims

In December, an Idaho pastor read a letter from Mortensen and Funke about the victims at a memorial service for them, according to CNN. According to CNN, Mortensen’s letter described Kernodle as “the life of the party” but also a “strong, intelligent, hardworking and beautiful person.” She described Chapin as “sweet and loving” to Kernodle, his girlfriend, and like an “older brother” to Mortensen.

Mortensen described Mogen and Goncalves as “the inseparable duo” and said she considered them like second moms, CNN reported. “My life was greatly impacted to have known these four beautiful people”. The pastor read from Mortensen’s letter, according to CNN.

“My people who changed my life in so many ways and made me so happy. I know it will be hard to not have the four of them in our lives, but I know Xana, Ethan, Maddie and Kaylee would want us to live life and be happy and they would want us to celebrate their lives.”

According to NewsNation, Mortensen’s letter also read: “I know somewhere Xana and Ethan are together, keeping each other company, watching us and telling us, ‘It’s okay and that we have each other’. Maddie and Kaylee the inseparable duo, the two best friends that were like sisters.”

Dylan Mortensen’s Latest News

For some weeks, the Idaho Killings survivor kept their identity a secret. But after revealing her identity, Dylan described the killer in her statement. She also admitted that, after hearing the noises from outside, she opened her bedroom door twice.

She claimed that she was in a state of shock after the murder. Thus she went to her parent’s house in Boise, Idaho. Recently, people saw her in public for the first time almost after two months which created a buzz all around the media.